Re: Debian Noob and MSCORE fonts

On Mon, 2014-04-21 at 13:07 +1000, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> Please post only plain-text:-
> https://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct
>
> The simple two-click method to send plain-text from Gmail web-interface:-
> https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMailingLists#Gmail
>

> On 21/04/14 11:55, c. marlow wrote:
> > Hello I am new to PLAIN DEBIAN
> >
> > I am using LXDE and I am looking on how to install the mscorettf
> > fonts. It was easy to install in LMDE and in Ubuntu but in plain
> > debian I do not see any MSCORE-TTF package at all I think is the name
> > of it. In Ubuntu and LMDE there is a meta package for the MS fonts.
> > but not in plain debian?
>
> Ubuntu uses the same package, with the same name.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean to say by "plain" Debian. Maybe you mean
> "Debian" as opposed to "not Debian, but made from it, or using a same
> package management system". Generally it's helpful if you state which
> release of Debian you are using.
>

> > Thanks for the help, Christopher
>
> apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer
> (or use aptitude, or synaptic, or whatever).
>

> Kind regards
>
> --

Oops. Sorry I clicked plain text from gmail.com but now that im back in
Evolution I can set it to plain text. I only sent from gmail.com because
I had just gotten into DEB, and hadn't had everything set up yet.

Plain Debian as in I got it from Debian.org its not a branch off as in
Ubuntu etc. Sorry for the confusion. I did the command you said and I
got this in reply I also noticed sudo apt-get works too as it did in the
*buntus

christopher@COMPAQ:~$ sudo aptitude install  ttf-mscorefonts-installer
[sudo] password for christopher:
No candidate version found for ttf-mscorefonts-installer
No candidate version found for ttf-mscorefonts-installer
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 27 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

christopher@COMPAQ:~$