Re: Repeatable apt-get WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

Joel Rees wrote:
On Fri, Apr 18, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Richard Owlett
<rowlett@cloud85.net <mailto:rowlett@cloud85.net>> wrote:

    Joel Rees wrote:

        On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 11:49 PM, Richard Owlett
        <rowlett@cloud85.net <mailto:rowlett@cloud85.net>
        <mailto:rowlett@cloud85.net
        <mailto:rowlett@cloud85.net>>> wrote:

             Richard Owlett wrote:

                 [SNIP]

             [...]
             root@debian:/home/richard# apt-get install pforth

        pforth? Mind if I ask why?

    *LOL* not the part of my post for which I expected a comment.
    Primarily I needed an easily remembered package that wouldn't
    be on any of my test installs. I've been interested in FORTH
    since CPM-80 days.

[...]

The reason I ask is that doing an apt-get source or install of
gforth does not produce any complaints about unrecognized
signatures.

I wonder why Garbee would have signed pforth himself. I only
looked a little ways around, but the key does seem to be his.
Maybe it has to do with where pforth is hosted.
Did you get similar complaints from anything else?

Yes.
When I did a spot check to confirm Andrei's suggestion re
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00trustcdrom
APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";
I saw the problem installing ed.

I was using Squeeze 6.0.5 for my tests.
I have (but not yet installed) Wheezy 7.1 DVDs.

I have a laptop set aside for potentially destructive self education.
It's very cluttered at the moment. I plan to repartition and reinstall everything this weekend. I'll then have a test platform for both Squeeze and Wheezy.