Re: Wayland in Debian

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 08:11:34PM -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
> Funny thing, after dinking around in synaptic, I'm finding a lot of
> lib-wayland packages installed within Jessie.

If you are worried about library dependencies, I suggest looking at the
Gentoo Linux distribution.

http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml

'... When you want to install a package, you type emerge packagename, at
which point Portage automatically builds a custom version of the package
to your exact specifications, optimizing it for your hardware and
ensuring that the optional features in the package that you want are
enabled -- and those you don't want aren't."

If you want to see what software depends on a library: e.g.

apt-cache rdepends lib-wayland

oppressing." --- Malcolm X