Re: Repeatable apt-get WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

On Vi, 18 apr 14, 11:08:42, Richard Owlett wrote:
> Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >On Jo, 17 apr 14, 11:15:00, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >>
> >>Yeah BUT ;(
> >>I get NO errors or warnings when apt-get uses the physical DVDs from which
> >>the loop mounted iso's were created.
> >
> >/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/00trustcdrom:
> >
> >APT::Authentication::TrustCDROM "true";
> >

> Changing that "true" to "false" makes loading from the physical DVDs act the
> same as loading from the loop mounted ISO images. Not elegant nor
> 'satisfactory', but at least consistent.
>
> Is there some documentation on signing aimed at the end-user rather than
> package creators. I know I'm missing something - just don't know what ;/

Here's what I use:

#!/bin/sh

# This part generates the minimum necessary files
# for an apt repository.
# Assumptions:
# - this script is run in the directory with packages
# - apt-ftparchive is installed (package apt-utils)
# - you have a GPG key (the default key is used)

# apt seems to require both, even if only one is used
apt-ftparchive packages ./ > Packages
apt-ftparchive packages ./ | gzip > Packages.gz

apt-ftparchive release ./ > Release

sudo -u amp gpg --armor --detach-sign --sign --output Release.gpg Release

# a sources.list line should look like this
# deb file:/directory/with/debs ./

Hope this helps,
Andrei