Re: AMD Graphics on Debian 7.4

On Sunday 13 April 2014 19:27:31 ray wrote:
> > Would it be worth just trying installing multiarch?  With one of
> > the apt family.  (I use aptitude).  I agree that it is not
> > obviously
>
> # apt-get install multiarch
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> E: Unable to locate package multiarch

lisi@Tux-II:~$ aptitude search multiarch
p   binutils-multiarch                   - Binary utilities that
support multi-arch targe
p   binutils-multiarch:i386              - Binary utilities that
support multi-arch targe
p   gdb-multiarch                        - The GNU Debugger (with
support for multiple ar
p   gdb-multiarch:i386                   - The GNU Debugger (with
support for multiple ar
v   multiarch-binutils                   -
v   multiarch-binutils:i386              -
i A multiarch-support                    - Transitional package to
ensure multiarch compa
p   multiarch-support:i386               - Transitional package to
ensure multiarch compa
v   pango1.0-multiarch-modver-1.6.0      -
v   pango1.0-multiarch-modver-1.6.0:i386 -
lisi@Tux-II:~$

You have to find the exact package and install it by name, not just
plug a word in and panic!!  As you see, I have multiarch-support
installed.  If you _can't_ see that I have multiarch-support
installed, and I am assuming too much, then I suggest that you read
up a bit on how to manage package managers.

Lisi