Re: Q: LDAP - perl script using Net::LDAP and start_tls gives an error

On 04/13/2014 04:45 PM, Snow Leopard wrote:
Hi Atle,

in my case I am certificate agency (self-signed certificate) and I issue "private key" and "certificate" (cacert.pem) as for root "CA" as for LDAP server (server-key.pem and server-cert.pem) and LDAP perl script client (client-key.pem and client-cert.pem).

The script and client run on the same computer (for the moment) and LDAP server private key (private/server-key.pem) and certificate (certs/server-cert.pem) located in /etc/ssl/ directory. CA root certificate (certs/cacert.pem) is located in /etc/ssl/certs directory -- and as recommended I created certificate named using hash value

|ln -s cacert.pem `openssl x509 -hash -noout < cacert.pem`.0

Client (perl script) has reference to client's key/cert in the script which is stored in sub-directory 'certs' where located the script (certs/client-key.pem and certs/client-cert.pem).

At the moment I am not fully grasp why verification of server certificate fails.

I am welcome any ideas how to fix it.

NOTE: It is my first attempt to program with Net::LDAP and start_tls -- I am in process of learning how it works and how to program to use LDAP over TLS in perl.

Thanks for any input,

Andrew