Re: AMD Graphics and Gnome on testing (Jessie)

On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 6:07 PM, Gary Dale wrote:
> Welcome to the world of proprietary drivers. Every system update can break
> the driver. You can either use the open source driver or re-install the
> proprietary driver (if it works with the new kernel & xorg). I'd stick with
> the open source driver as long as you are running Debian/testing.

The open source driver is not an option because I need hardware
acceleration. However, it must be some configuration on  my system,
otherwise there would be tons of people complaining.

Reinstalling fglrx 14.3 or 14.2 (which was working before) did not
solve anything.

--
Bruno Schneider
http://www.dcc.ufla.br/~bruno/