Re: mirroring debian-security, sharing package pool with stable/testing/sid pool

On 4/11/14, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
> On 4/11/14, Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:
>> Thus my question:
>> Is it possible to use debmirror, to mirror stable,testing,sid as well
>> as debian-security for stable and testing, and have them all share the
>> same package pool?

> I guess another way to answer my question is: what is the time lapse
> for packages to "migrate" from debian security repo, to regular debian
> repos?
>
> If automatically part of the next 24-hour (or less) 'catch up' then
> there is no point my creating a local security repo.

In my foggy memory, that at least for debian stable, I seem to
remember something about security updates all get collected up,
possibly with other updates (??) and they become the next stable point
release.

A point-release is definitely too slow for security updates!

BUT, users complain when their OS slows down their internet connection:

"it was really slow last night"

"but you've only got dialup, it was probably a security update"

"a what? I had to send an important email to my parents, and it was so
slow I don't even know if it ever got through! this has to be fixed!
Windows didn't do this to me!?!"

(Of course, WindowsXP did do this to people, but people don't properly
remember the past, being creatures trained very sadly so, in the art
of instant gratification and 'the consumer is king'. Oh what world we
live in.)

TIA
Zenaan