Re: vesa mode code?

On Ma, 08 apr 14, 16:20:22, Hans wrote:

> Is it possible (and if yes, how), to compute the code from the wanted
> solution? For example, if I want to have 1440x900, can I compute the
> vga=whatever code? Or must I always look into a table?

Not what you're asking for, but maybe what you need: with recent enough
grub and kernel (wheezy and probably even earlier) you only need to set

    GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1440x900

in /etc/default/grub, or set it to 'keep' and change GRUB_GFXMODE as
needed.

Whether your card actually supports the mode is a completely different
question, but has already been answered by others.

Kind regards,
Andrei