Re: Boot up is not Completing, it is Cycling

On Mon, Apr 7, 2014 at 1:47 AM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sunday 06 April 2014 06:54:53 Chris Bannister wrote:
> $ man dmesg

$ man dmesg > text.txt

You will get a text file that you can read properly, and even change
the font if you want to.

If you want to be able to use gedit to alter root owned files, there
are two ways (other than logging in as root at the command line) that
you can achieve this:
1.  Open a root terminal by your preferred method, at the command
prompt type gedit.  gedit will then be running as root.
2.do alt-F2.  in the window taht will open up type :
gksu gedit
then "enter"
Again, gedit will be running as root.

HTH
Lisi

When I decide I want to run gedit as root (not very often) I use "sudo gedit <filename> at the command line:

cd /etc
sudo gedit inittab

or something like that.

Of course, if the OP doesn't have /etc/sudoers set up nicely, I guess that won't work.

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.