Re: Boot up is not Completing, it is Cycling

On Wed, Apr 2, 2014 at 9:47 AM, ray <ray@aarden.us> wrote:
My recent and first build of Debian 7.4 has just started cycling during the boot.  It has been doing this for an hour.  It does it each time I start up.  When it first started, it was going almost too fast to read, after an hour, it is much slower.  Some of the content that is cycling is:

udevd[571]: timeout: killing /sbin/blkid -o udev -p /dev/sdf [919]
This only address sdf.

udevd[620]: timeout: killing /sbin/modprobe -b pci:v then some numbers [659]

udevd[591]: timeout: killing udisks-part-id /dev/sda' [960]
Then a new line for sdb to sdf

I installed this with the net install.  My display was not working correctly so I have attempted to apt-get some packages.  I rebooted after loading them with out this problem.  A couple reboots later, it failed.

Does the content give a clue as to the problem or might it just be What should be my procedure to fix this?

I'm thinking those look like the kind f messages you get when you power down.

Have you perhaps set your default run-level to 0 or 6 or something?

--
Joel Rees

Be careful where you see conspiracy.
Look first in your own heart.