Re: [i3]Not able to get the reboot/suspend script work.

On Wed 02 Apr 2014 at 03:30:20 +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:

> > Is your entry a locale or an environment variable?
>
> My entry is an environment variable. So you suggest that I should

It is neither. Environment variables look like this

  SOMETHING=

> use .xsessionrc to export my $PATH by not my .profile?

At the risk of overstating the argument:

Problem: lightdm hard-codes a path which does not include ~/bin.

Solution No. 1: Source ~/.profile in ~/.xsessionrc.
Solution No. 2: Put 'export PATH=$HOME/bin:$PATH' in ~/.xsessionrc.

The first solution gives a path including ~/bin. It also reloads an
already loaded file, which is a waste of time, and loads other things
which may or not be wanted. It achieves its ends with a scattergun
approach. It works but that is about all which can said of it.

The second solution also gives a path including ~/bin but its technique
is surgical. It does exactly one thing and does it well. There are no
side effects and the outcome is completely predictable.

What you choose is up to you.