Re: Unable to start nm-applet

Hi, I am using i3 windows manager and I need nm-applet to show in
i3status bar. I have added this line in my ~/.i3/config

exec --no-startup-id nm-applet

Also NetworkManager is running in the background.

If I start nm-applet as a normal user, I get lot of gtk theme warnings
regarding px, and then one final message

** Message: applet now removed from the notification area:

Here the process is still waiting to be finished but nothing happens,
so I need to press ctrl-c to interrupt.

If I run the command with sudo ie sudo nm-applet I get no gtk warnings
but I get this:

** Message: applet now removed from the notification area

** (nm-applet:19095): WARNING **: Failed to register as an agent: (32)
No session found for uid 0

And if I login as root, and run nm-applet, I get this:

(nm-applet:19416): GConf-WARNING **: Client failed to connect to the
D-BUS daemon:
Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote
application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy
blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network
connection was broken.
GConf Error: No D-BUS daemon running

** (nm-applet:19416): WARNING **: Failed to initialize D-Bus: Did not
receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply,
the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

(nm-applet:19416): GConf-WARNING **: Directory `/apps/nm-applet' was
not being monitored by GConfClient 0x2510760

Any help. Sorry for the incomplete first message in the thread.