Re: LVM preseed install fails with partition error

On Mar 17, 2014 11:04 PM, "Brian" <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon 17 Mar 2014 at 16:00:34 +0530, Sandeep Raman wrote:
>
> > thread. This is my complete preseed file for reference -
> > http://paste.debian.net/88147/
>
> It can be referred to up to 2014-06-15 11:30:04. After that it expires.
>
> I'll note that the mail you sent was about 10096 in size. The file at
> paste.debian.net is about a third the size of the mail, 3800, and easily
> compressed to 1200, As an attachment sent to the List it would surely be
> acceptable. It would also not expire and serve a use for future readers.

Point taken, attached preseed to the email.

> --

d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US

d-i debian-installer/language string en
d-i debian-installer/country string IN
d-i debian-installer/locale string en_US.UTF-8

d-i debian-installer/splash boolean false
d-i console-setup/ask_detect boolean false
d-i keyboard-configuration/layoutcode string us

d-i netcfg/choose_interface select auto

d-i netcfg/wireless_wep string

d-i mirror/http/proxy string https://xxx.xx.xxx.xxx:xxxx

d-i mirror/http/mirror select in.archive.ubuntu.com

d-i mirror/suite string precise

d-i clock-setup/utc boolean true

d-i time/zone string Asia/Kolkata

d-i clock-setup/ntp boolean true
d-i clock-setup/ntp-server string ntp.ubuntu.com

d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sda
d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm_span boolean true
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
d-i partman-md/device_remove_md boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true
d-i partman-auto-lvm/new_vg_name string vg
d-i partman-auto-lvm/guided_size string max
d-i partman/default_filesystem string ext4
d-i partman/alignment select cylinder
# d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select boot-root
d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string vg ::                    \
    500 300 500 ext4 \
      $primary{ } \
      $bootable{ } \
      method{ format } format{ } \
      use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext4 } \
      mountpoint{ /boot } \
      options/relatime{ relatime } \
        . \
    100 7000 150000 ext4      \
      $primary{ }                     \
      $defaultignore{ }       \
      method{ lvm }           \
      device{ /dev/sda }          \
      vg_name{ vg } .               \
    322 5000 130000 ext4      \
      $lvmok{ }               \
      in_vg{ vg }           \
      lv_name{ root }         \
      method{ format }        \
      format{ }               \
      use_filesystem{ }       \
      filesystem{ ext4 }          \
      mountpoint{ / } .              \
    4096 6000 20000 swap       \
      $lvmok{ }               \
      in_vg{ vg }           \
      lv_name{ swap }         \
      method{ swap }          \
      format{ } .
d-i partman-lvm/confirm boolean true
d-i partman/confirm_write_new_label boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition select Finish
d-i partman/confirm boolean true
d-i partman/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true

d-i base-installer/kernel/image	string linux-server

d-i passwd/root-login boolean false
d-i passwd/make-user boolean true

d-i passwd/user-fullname string test
d-i passwd/username string test
d-i passwd/user-password password test
d-i passwd/user-password-again password test
d-i user-setup/allow-password-weak boolean true

d-i passwd/user-default-groups string audio cdrom video adm dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare

d-i user-setup/encrypt-home boolean false

d-i apt-setup/universe boolean true
d-i apt-setup/backports boolean true
d-i apt-setup/services-select multiselect security
d-i apt-setup/security_host string security.ubuntu.com
d-i apt-setup/security_path string /ubuntu

d-i debian-installer/allow_unauthenticated boolean true

tasksel tasksel/first multiselect standard, openssh-server

d-i pkgsel/include string openssh-server build-essential vim ntp
d-i pkgsel/upgrade select safe-upgrade

d-i pkgsel/language-packs multiselect

d-i pkgsel/update-policy select none

d-i pkgsel/updatedb boolean true

d-i grub-installer/skip boolean false
d-i lilo-installer/skip boolean false

d-i grub-installer/only_debian boolean true

d-i grub-installer/with_other_os boolean true

d-i finish-install/keep-consoles boolean false

d-i finish-install/reboot_in_progress note

d-i cdrom-detect/eject boolean true

d-i debian-installer/exit/halt boolean false
d-i debian-installer/exit/poweroff boolean false