Re: LVM preseed install fails with partition error

On Sun, Mar 16, 2014 at 2:38 AM, Iain M Conochie <iain@thargoid.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Sandeep

  Can you perhaps try this for your preseed?

d-i partman-auto/disk string /dev/sda
d-i partman-auto/choose_recipe select root_swap
d-i partman-auto/method string lvm
d-i partman-auto/purge_lvm_from_device boolean true
d-i partman-auto-lvm/guided_size string 100%
d-i partman-auto-lvm/no_boot boolean true
d-i partman/choose_partition select finish

d-i partman/confirm boolean true
d-i partman/confirm_nooverwrite boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm boolean true
d-i partman-lvm/device_remove_lvm_span boolean true
d-i partman-partitioning/confirm_write_new_label boolean true

d-i partman-auto/expert_recipe string i3 ::     \
153600 100 153600 ext4       \
$defaultignore{ }     \
$primary{ }           \
method{ lvm }         \
device{ /dev/sda }  \
vg_name{ i3vg }    \ .

120000 10 120000 ext4 \
$defaultignore{ }
$lvmok{ } lv_name{ root } \
method{ format } format{ } \
use_filesystem{ } filesystem{ ext4 } \
mountpoint{ / } . \

25000 20 25000 linux-swap \
$lvmok{ } lv_name{ swap_1 } \
method{ swap } format{ } .

Good luck

Iain

Hi Iain,

I removed all the partman related lines and created a new preseed file. It works now on vm but has issue with baremetal for which i'll start a new thread. This is my complete preseed file for reference - http://paste.debian.net/88147/

Cheers,
Sandeep.