Re: .Xresources not loading on start

Okay before doing what you stated, I restored the file
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/30x11-
common_xresources to original

> 1. Prevent lightdm from being started:
>
>     update-rc.d lightdm disable        ('enable' reverts this).

Done

> 2. Delete $HOME/.Xdefaults             (It's not used).

Never used it in the first place.

> 3. Delete $HOME/.xinitrc               (It fouls up Debian's X).

I tried to use it never worked. So deleted it.

> 4. Move $HOME/.xsession out of the way.

Its not there.

> 5. Repair self-inficted damage with
>    apt-get --reinstall install x11-common
Ok did this too!

> 6. Have 'xterm*background: red' as the only line in $HOME/.Xresources.

Ok

> 7. Reboot, execute startx and bring up an xterm.

Here are my results:

Running startx logged me in to xfce, I opened up a xterm and the
background was red.

Next I enabled lightdm: #update-rc.d lightdm enable
Rebooted and from lightdm logged in to i3.
Opened up an xterm and the background was red.

Now I used my original .Xresources and reboot. Again same error!
'xrdb -merge .Xresources' and 'xrdb -overide .Xresources' will not work
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav
Imperial College of Engineering and Research,
Pune.