Wodim: Was: My experiences with three CD players on Gnome

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:35:36 +1100
Zenaan Harkness <zen@freedbms.net> wrote:

> > Conclusion:  Gnome Player wins.
>
> Correction: The command line wins :)
>
> cdcd wodim (contains readom)  bashburn
> cdargs cdrskin cdtool FTW!!!!

Hi Zenaan,

Are you doing -pad and padsize=63s? Back in the day, Linux had a flaw,
called the Linux read-ahead buffer bug, that caused errors on
raw-reading a CD if you didn't use both those arguments. I wrote about
it here:

http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/coasterless.htm

Are you using those arguments, and do you read your written CDs/DVDs as
a device to check the md5sum against that of the iso you burned?

Thanks,

SteveT