My experiences with three CD players on Gnome

I don't play music very much on the computer, so I'm new to this
subject.  I just tried three different players, RhythmBox, SoundJuicer,
and Gnome Player.

RhythmBox has a problem.  Press Play to begin playing a CD.  Press Play
again to Pause.  Press Play again to resume playing.  Nothing happens.

SoundJuicer has a problem.  The Help says: "While playing, Sound Juicer
displays a slider showing the position on the current track. To seek to
another part of the track, drag the handle along the slider and
release."  However, I do not see any such slider control.  I see the
horizontal track where the slider is supposed to be, just nothing to
grab, and clicking in the track does nothing.

Gnome Player does what I expect.  I can play, pause, and resume playing
again.  It has a functioning slider.

Conclusion:  Gnome Player wins.

-- Patrick