Re: When fogetting assigned login name rather than password

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 11:25:41AM -0400, Steve Litt of
Troubleshooters.Com wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Mar 2014 11:01:15 +0000 Tom Furie <tom@furie.org.uk> wrote:

> > The classic approach to this problem is to pass 'init=/bin/sh' to
> > the kernel.

> Do you think this is going to continue working when we switch to
> systemd?

Absolutely. systemd will replace the current init system but will still
require a /sbin/init. By default, once the kernel loads it looks for an
executable located at /sbin/init, this can be anything that is
executable by the system. By passing 'init=...' to the kernel you
override this behaviour and the kernel loads whatever you pass in the
parameter.

Cheers,
Tom

--
Don't quit now, we might just as well lock the door and throw away the key.