Re: When fogetting assigned login name rather than password

On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 05:45:14AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:

> If another OS had not been available but I knew the root password,
> is there some way I could have gained access as root?

The classic approach to this problem is to pass 'init=/bin/sh' to the
kernel. The method for doing so depends on which boot manager you might
be using.

Cheers,
Tom

--
To be a kind of moral Unix, he touched the hem of Nature's shift.
		-- Shelley