Re: What happened to "use control-alt-backspace to terminate X server?"

On Lu, 10 mar 14, 14:03:11, Rick Thomas wrote:

> For what it's worth, if I do "dpkg-reconfigure libpaper1" I get the
> question I expect to see, asking what I want the default printer-paper
> size to be.  So dpkg-reconfigure isn't completely broken all by
> itself.  The bug that prevents me from seeing the questions must be
> somewhere in the interaction between it and the
> "keyboard-configuration" package...

Bah, just when I was thinking you should check debconf's frontend
setting.

> Fascinating...

Indeed!

At this point I would at least try to contact the debconf maintainer
(possibly via a bug).

A possible work-around could be to forcibly purge the package with dpkg
and reinstall it. Beware this is dangerous and you should read the dpkg
manual carefully. Would be great if you could hold on trying this until
you find out what the issue is.

Kind regards,
Andrei