Re: What happened to "use control-alt-backspace to terminate X server?"

On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 04:08:06AM -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
> In Wheezy, I used to be able to use
>     dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration
> to (among other things) set the option to use control-alt-backspace to terminate the X server.
>
> But in Jessie, "dpkg-reconfigure keyboard-configuration" asks no questions and makes no changes.
>

> What is the preferred method of configuring the keyboard in Jessie?

I think that's the wrong question. You want "How can I get the X
server to listen to control-alt-backspace?"

To which, I think, the answer is:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf:
Section "ServerFlags"
    Option         "DontZap" "0"

which defeats the default, which is not to listen to it.

-dsr-