Re: What happened to "use control-alt-backspace to terminate X server?"

On Mar 10, 2014, at 1:34 PM, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon 10 Mar 2014 at 13:21:58 -0700, Rick Thomas wrote:
>

>> Thanks!  I'll put that in my bag of tricks...
>
> It will take more than a trick to retrieve the situation you are in.

Well... It doesn't do this on Wheezy, so it would seem that there's a regression or bug *somewhere*.  Whether or not filing a bug report (but against what package?) constitutes a "trick" is not worth debating...

So, is the bug in dpkg-reconfigure?  Or is it in keyboard-configuration?  Or somewhere else?

How to track it down?

For what it's worth, if I do "dpkg-reconfigure libpaper1" I get the question I expect to see, asking what I want the default printer-paper size to be.  So dpkg-reconfigure isn't completely broken all by itself.  The bug that prevents me from seeing the questions must be somewhere in the interaction between it and the "keyboard-configuration" package...

Fascinating...

Rick