Re: domain-name option during the installation of Debian

On Mon 10 Mar 2014 at 15:29:21 +0000, Jonathan Dowland wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 09, 2014 at 12:05:03AM +0000, Brian wrote:
> > A definitive answer from Martin would be much better than any guess.
> >
> > Either way it has no bearing on where d-i puts the hostname and domain
> > name it is provided with.
>
> My point was, if d-i puts it in /etc/hosts, as you assert, it should
> have appeared in the output of Martin's find command.

I clearly understood your point.

>                                                       Either you are
> mistaken,

It takes about 10-15 minutes to fire up a netinst image and get to the
point of installing a kernel. /target/etc is now populated and the hosts
file can be examined.

>           or Martin has edited his /etc/hosts to remove what would have
> matched, or not provided the complete output of the find command he ran.
> I've no idea which.

Neither have I but with exim4 (coming with Basic System Utilities) he
would also have had to edit or change /etc/mailname. Who knows, he might
enlighten us. :)