Re: Not able to get mpd/ncmpcpp to work

> When I press 'u' in ncmpcpp it says (at the bottom)
>
>     Database update started!

Yes it says, "Database update started" and immediately afterwards it says
"Database update finished".

> and at the top bottom, right below Volume % you should see a capital 'U'
> in square brackets, possibly with other letters as well (I also have 'r'
> for repeat mode).
>
> Does this happen for you?

Yes it has an [xU] in those brackets and the disappears immediately afterwards.

> Make sure also the directory is accessible by user 'mpd'. Also, to see
> the music you have to go to the "Browse screen" (F4), by defaults it
> starts in the Playlist screen (which is blank if you don't specifically
> add songs to it).

Yes when I go to browse, I do see all the folders, but no songs.
Co-incidently all the folders have read access to others and group
but the music file inside do not have read access.

For example:
ll ~/Music/

-rw------- 1 neo1691 neo1691  5683395 Nov  1 02:38 [Songs.PK] 02 -
Dhat Teri Ki.mp3
-rw------- 1 neo1691 neo1691  8809935 Oct  2 17:46 [Songs.PK] Ramleela
- 07 - Nagada Sang Dhol.mp3
-rw------- 1 neo1691 neo1691  7882890 Oct  2 17:46 [Songs.PK] Ramleela
- 09 - Ram Chahe Leela.mp3
drwxr-xr-x 2 neo1691 neo1691     4096 Feb 12 12:27 Sp
drwxr-xr-x 2 neo1691 neo1691     4096 Feb 12 12:27 Sum41
drwxr-xr-x 2 neo1691 neo1691     4096 Feb 12 12:27 System of a Down

So I guess the problem is related to the directory having read access to "mpd".
Can you specifically tell me how to do that.