Re: Wifi

On 03/08/2014 11:02 PM Tom Furie wrote:
On Sat, Mar 08, 2014 at 09:51:52PM -0600, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
On 3/8/2014 2:18 PM, Patrick Alouidor wrote:
Hello all. I'm not sure if it me but I have a fresh install of Debian 7
on laptop Toshiba C-55A5310. and For some reason I cannot enable my wifi
switch. I have been pressing the F keys but no luck. please This is my
first Laptop ever and I wanted to put something stable on it and now I
cannot get my wifi to turn on. My I please get some form of assistance
on wifi.

You mention a "wifi switch".  There is no such thing.  The laptop has a
"wireless ethernet adapter" usually of the 802.11 a/b/g/n standard.  It
will "connect" to a "wireless router" or "wireless access point".

Given the context I would surmise that "wifi switch" means a switch on
the laptop to enable/disable the wireless adapter, whether that be an
actual switch, button, or key-combo.

True. On mine and other laptops I've seen it's [Fn]+[F2]... but it's by no means a standard.