Re: resolv.conf misbehaving

Hi,

O.k guys, I think I sorted it out. I can do both forward and reverse lookups
now. My life is normal again ...

Pascal, you remind me of my maths teacher in high school ... very stern and to
the point ... :) ...

In the end I had to pay attention (again) to DHCP ... like many of you suggested
... It would appear as if DHCP is "stronger" than other users of resolv.conf and it
has the last say as to what goes into resolv.conf ... by reading (a few times)
the suggestions on this thread I finally did something right (don't even ask,
cause I can't remember, was watching NASCAR while doing it ) ...

Once again, thanks to all

Have a nice day

Danny

On Feb 24 14, Pascal Hambourg :