Re: 32 and 64 bit

On 23/02/2014 19:04, erosenberg@hygeiabiomedical.com wrote:
> Dear List -
> I am now trying to repoair my X-Window-less computer.  I now have a
> 64 bit Lenovo box on which I have loaded testing [enough tragedies
> with unstable].  How do I safely move the files and executables from
> the 32 bit system to the 64 bit system?  Which files/executables
> should I leave as 32 bit.?
> TIA
> Ethan

Programs -> reinstall with apt [yum|rpm|etc].  The package manager will
(typically) give you the 64-bit version over the 32-bit version, if available.

Files, scripts, configs, etc. can be moved in whatever the most convenient
manner for you is - FTP, SFTP, scp, flash drive, external hdd, dropbox, google
drive.

-Dan