Re: 32 and 64 bit

On 2/24/14, erosenberg@hygeiabiomedical.com
<erosenberg@hygeiabiomedical.com> wrote:
> I am now trying to repoair my X-Window-less computer.

You've come to a hopefully useful place :)

>  I now have a 64 bit Lenovo box on which I have loaded testing

Ok. Is stable not preferable for you? In years gone past, testing was
sometimes considered worse than stable, and worse than unstable/sid,
since sid gets updated more frequently.

> [enough tragedies with unstable].

OK. Are you sure they were unstable dist problems and not just
learning problems? Anyway, that's why I suggest stable - if you have
need to run testing/unstable, wheezy is a good choice, eg for headless
server type thing...

> How do I safely move the files and executables from

Which files? which executables? I am not a great mind reader. Yet :)

> the 32 bit system to the 64 bit system?
> Which files/executables should I leave as 32 bit.?

This is not making sense to me. Why do you want to move executables?
(You are using Debian yes? In which case, just apt-get install your
chosen software, and migrate your configs...)

Short answer: none, just reinstall all files, all executables. That
will be relatively painless. Anything else is going to involve
possibly painful learning experiences :)

Good luck
Zenaan