Re: tor-arm warning

On 2/24/14, André Nunes Batista <andrenbatista@gmail.com> wrote:

> I took me some days, but I finally got to try it and was able do to it
> exactly as said.
>
> $ ssh -C -L 9055:localhost:9051 user@tornode
>
> on a separate shell:
>
> $ arm -i 127.0.0.1:9055
>
> Which authentication method did you enable on your torrc? I have enabled
> hashed control password, so after the second command above, I get asked
> for this password before being able to complete the connection.

Thank you, I've tried both just now, service tor reload each time. I
guess there is another step for either auth method which I am not
understanding - I'm getting clearer errors now it seems, I guess some
other config was amiss:

with cookie auth:

$ arm -i 127.0.0.1:9051
[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/run/tor/control.authcookie'

with pass auth:

$ arm -i 127.0.0.1:9051
Controller password:
Password found in '/home/me/.arm/armrc' was incorrect

and there is no /home/me/.arm/armrc locally or remotely, and no
/var/run/tor/control.authcookie locally but there is one remote - I
guess I could copy that across to local.

On the hash password front, I read the man page again, and got that to work.

Thank you again, one auth method is fine,
Zenaan