Re: Debian repository available on USB flash rather than CD/DVD sets?

On Vi, 21 feb 14, 18:56:44, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Andrei's suggestion arose because I was contemplating on how to expand
> the (ISO9660 or whatever) filesystem that would end up on the USB
> stick.
>
> Anyway, in hindsight, you can simply create your own jigdo image, big
> enough to contain the entire Debian repository:
>
> apt-cache search jigdo
>
> and check out the packages for creation of jigdo image. That sounds
> like an appealing solution to me. Create quick-and-simple full local
> repo, then sign the repo with your own signature (this last step
> should be pretty easy, once you know how :)

AFAIU jigdo is meant to take an ISO image to pieces and reassemble it.
It is not an image creator (hence the suggestion from Steve for a
wishlist bug against debian-cd, the image creation tool).

If the stick doesn't have to be bootable I'd rather look into some of
the tools to create your own repository (reprepro seems to be the
selection of choice).

> All good, don't worry about it. Wanting to achieve your own little
> plot of perfection is certainly something supported, indeed
> encouraged, in this community :)

Definitely :)

Kind regards,
Andrei