Re: Debian repository available on USB flash rather than CD/DVD sets?

Richard Owlett wrote:
>I've been purchasing the multiple DVD sets as I am limited to a
>dial-up connection.
>
>As 64GB flash drives are readily available I would find it
>convenient to have a complete distro on a single device.
>
>I've queried the company I've been buying the DVDs from with no
>response.

That's a shame. I've been selling CDs and DVDs for years, and in the
last couple of years I've had folks ask me for more-or-less complete
dumps of the archive onto USB hard drives and similar. I'm happy to
oblige - it's not much effort, and these days it's easier to ship a
USB stick or hard drive than a stack of 10 DVDs. This also solves the
package signature problem.

That *doesn't* yet work as a bootable installable disk, but it's not
too hard to fix that side. It should be possible to play with things a
little to turn a netinst CD image and a mirror into a larger bootable
thing, though. Feel free to sunmit a wishlist bug against the
debian-cd package and I'll see what I can do. Patches even more
welcome!

Support the Campaign for Audiovisual Free Expression: http://www.eff.org/cafe/