Re: reboot/halt/shutdown does nothing

Have you tried stopping manually all service you have there? Often
happens to me this but it's do to some process that is locked by the
kernel, and I'm talking about a debian box that uses NFS and Apache,
so check that first. If it's locked by kernel you can't event kill the
process, it needs to free itself  and takes a lot of time. (unless you
do a forced restart with the reset button :-P)

On the other hand, if it's hanging some process/daemon you could see
that by searching on top/hop/ps, I would look carefully for any zombie
process (+Z, or +D state too).

Hope this helps!