Need to make sure I have the nvidia proprietary driver running.

Hello list,
I have a laptop with gt 630M 2GB graphics card. I installed the linux
headers and the drivers using this command:

aptitude -r install linux-headers-$(uname -r|sed 's,[^-]*-[^-]*-,,')
nvidia-kernel-dkms

[I referred this wiki : https://wiki.debian.org/NvidiaGraphicsDrivers ]

I also created the Xorg.conf file as mentioned in the wiki. But when I
rebooted my system Xorg failed to start. So i figured that I am having
a GPU with optimus support and I do not need the Xorg.conf file but
instead I need the bumblebee package.

So I installed the bumblebee package.

Everything seem to work now except this:

Under system->Nvidia server settings when I open It i get a message:
You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver.  Please edit your X
configuration file (just run `nvidia-xconfig` as root), and restart
the X server.

But there was already a post in bumblebee wiki which said:

"Warning: If you choose to install bumblebee-nvidia and the dependent
nvidia driver packages, during postinst, you will see a debconf prompt
warning you that you need to create a xorg.conf file in order to use
the proprietary nvidia driver. This prompt only applies to non-Optimus
users, i.e. single Nvidia GPU systems. Do NOT allow debconf to create
a xorg.conf file, and do NOT run nvidia-xconfig! (This prompt always
appears when you install nvidia packages through the repositories, and
it currently does not detect Optimus/bumblebee users. See 735049 for a
brief explanation.) "

So I am pretty sure that I do not need to run that nvidia-xconfig command.

But I just want to make sure that I am running the nvidia driver
successfully. How can I do that?

--
Regards,
Anubhav Yadav