Re: debootstrap etch unknown key

On 19/02/2014 09:56, Darac Marjal wrote:
You should probably try and
find a source that you trust that tells you what they key for Etch was
and then fetch that manually (it may still be on keyservers etc).

I still have a box in the corner running Etch. I had a quick look for what it thinks is the Debian signing key, but I couldn't find it. I'd installed from CDs I'd downloaded from the Debian download site, probably sometime during 2007/2008. If you could suggest where I might check, I could tell the OP what this installation believes the key ID to be. Then we could check the keyservers, and we'd both be able to see if this key is there (something I would be interested to know, also).

I still have the discs I downloaded.

regards, Ron