Re: Best way to show HTML5/mp4 in D7 browser?

Ron Leach <ronleach@tesco.net> writes:
(snip)
> The Iceweasel announcement goes on to add
>
> "or install Flash Player."
>
> and provides a link to the Adobe site.
(snip)
> What do others on the list use to play similar video material on Wheezy?

I installed the non-free package flashplugin-nonfree which exactly
downloads it from Adobe so that Iceweasel can use it. It works fairly
well and that's what I use.

I also have the rtmpdump package installed: legal rights permitting, I
expect that could be used to download the Flash video and something like
mencoder could perhaps re-encode it into an open format of your choice,
but that's a fair bit of effort reading manual pages and playing with
options and I've not tried it myself, but if you wanted to go down that
kind of route those are the places I'd start.

-- Mark