Re: Need to make sure I have the nvidia proprietary driver running.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 02:14:59PM +0530, Anubhav Yadav wrote:
> I also created the Xorg.conf file as mentioned in the wiki. But when I
> rebooted my system Xorg failed to start. So i figured that I am having
> a GPU with optimus support and I do not need the Xorg.conf file but
> instead I need the bumblebee package.
>
> So I installed the bumblebee package.

Right, which one?
root@tal:~# apt-cache search bumblebee
bumblebee-nvidia - NVIDIA Optimus support using the proprietary NVIDIA
driver
bumblebee - NVIDIA Optimus support for Linux

Note: I know nothing nor had any involvement with bumblebee

> But I just want to make sure that I am running the nvidia driver
> successfully. How can I do that?

Perhaps:
root@tal:~# lsmod | grep video

and/or