Re: more than 12G of RAM

On 2/10/2014 10:40 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> 1.  Contact Gigabyte support
> 2.  Buy another identical 8GB DIMM, or exchange this one for two 4s

Should have mentioned this sooner.  Gary have you flashed the BIOS to
the latest rev?  As I stated previously, if POST reports 16GB but the
e820 map presented to the kernel shows 12GB, this is a BIOS issue.  A
later BIOS rev may have addressed this, specifically F5.  There have
been 3 versions for this board, F3/F4/F5.

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4642#bios

The description for F5:
"Modified voltage option of NB & DRAM compatibility"
Release date:  08/06/2013

F3 was released in May, F4 in July, F5 in August.  The rapid succession
of releases, and none since, leads me to believe that most boards
probably hit the shelves with the F3 BIOS, and most/all issues were
resolved with F5, after most/all board left the factory.

If you haven't already, flash the BIOS to F5.

--
Stan