Re: USB wireless network adaptor

On 2/8/14, Manikandan M <mani.mk1@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having a HP laptop running wheezy. The built-in wireless adaptor wasn't
> working fine. So bought a Asus usb-n10 wireless adaptor. installed the
> drivers and it works fine.
> But once i shutdown or restart my laptop, its not working. The lsusb
> command shows the wireless adaptor, but the adaptor is not working (not
> getting detected in network manager in gnome). only way to make it work is
> to restart.
> Has anyone faced a similar situation and is there any fix for this issue.
> Thanks in advance.

While you're waiting for others with more tech knowledge to chime in,
one thought occurs to me. Are you using a "persistent name" for your
[devices]? That's all I know to say to you at this point outside of
that it's awesomeness defined.

It's where you give your devices a specifically defined name that will
always be there regardless of where you plug it into USB, for example.
It replaces where you might something like sda1, sdb5, etc. Those
change on us all the time depending on how we connect externally via
USB.

If the concept's new to you, try searching the archives for threads
using the word "persistent", for example. I'm just not sure myself how
to set it up just yet and will be doing the same VERY SOON. :)

Hope this helps (someone).. Once mastered, can guarantee it's a major
headache AND time saver down the road.... :)

Cindy

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *