akonadi pain + kmail2

Hi folks,

I do not know, if you have the same trouble like me, but after the change to
akonadi I get into some trouble.

When I started KDE, and I want to start kmail2, it is telling me, that akondi
got not correctly started. (Could not get connected to dbus) I suppose, you
might know, what I mean.

The system is telling me, akondi is not started.

My solution is, to manually stop the processes "akonadiserver",
"akonadi_control" and all "kmail" processes. Then I restart kmail again, and
everything is working fine.

I guess, it might be some timing problem, as on my EEEPC, which is 32-bit and
slower, it is working well.

A good friend of mine got into the same problem after changing to kmail2.

How are your experiences? I am using akonadi-mysql, but I saw there is also
akonadi-sqlite and akonadi-postgresql. Which one do you prefer?

IMO akonadi looks very slow. For example, when I delete my messages in kmail,
the akonadi database is going to be rather slow rebuild.

Also, when I move a message from a local mailbox (a mailvbox of a user on the
pc), I dicovered another strange behaviour: When I put the mails by fast
clicking into the trash folder, then they stay unread in the trash folder. If
I do the same slowly, jsut one after another and waiting some seconds after
each mail, then they are marked as read. I think, it is a timing problem
again.

What are your experiences? Or do you have any hints, what I can do? Changing
to another database or something?

Thanks for reading and answering.

Best

Hans

P.S. Yes, I know, there is a lot of trouble with akonadi. I see it in the
forums. But before I file a bugreport, I would like to hear of a feedback.