Re: Install Debian on SD

On Tue, 21 Jan 2014 22:31:14 +0000, James Kirk wrote:

> I would like to install debian on a SD (I've only a Company laptop and I
> would like to not modify the standard configuration).

Yep, that's the same reason that I installed my debian onto my USB key
several years ago.

> Since SD is a flash memory and - as far as I know - it has a limited
> lifetime (in terms of I/O) not thought to run an OS, how should I setup
> the installation (i.e. choosing a suitable filesystem, etc.) and/or
> modify the standard distribution in order to have a fully-functional
> Debian and make it compatible with a SD lifetime?

Take a look at

Debian Live
http://live.debian.net/

It has the ability to build a live debian on USB/SD, and most
importantly, has only read-only access to the USB/SD. The RW part can be
a file reside on your C: drive (named live-rw). That's what I've been
doing for several years now.
http://live.debian.net/manual/1.x/html/persistence.html‎;

No need to worry about lifetime of USB/SD any more.