Re: POP3 softwares.

On 1/25/14, Osamu Aoki <osamu_aoki_home@nifty.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 09:46:15PM -0800, Peter Easthope wrote:
>> Problem
>> Given a remote POP3 server which provides SSL.  Also a MUA on a
>> local host, which retrieves by POP3 when activated by the user and
>> lacks SSL.  Try to move messages from the server to the MUA.
>>
>> Candidate Solution
>> Let getmail, in the POP3-over-SSL instance, retrieve messages from
>
> Good choice for getmail :-)

> Osamu (getmail maintainer)

Cool :)
Are you able to compare getmail with mpop?

When I gave up fetchmail (a fine day :), a few years ago, mpop came
out trumps for me at the time - unbelievably fast!

I'm wondering what getmail could provide as compared with mpop.

I am soon to move from a webmail MUA back to mutt (it's been too long, I know).

TIA
Zenaan