Is your osspd working?

Hi,

Any of you are still using /dev/dsp as I do? Is your /dev/dsp (osspd)
still working?

 OSS Proxy Daemon is a Linux userland OSS sound device (/dev/[a]dsp and
 /dev/mixer) implementation using CUSE. Currently it supports
 forwarding OSS sound streams to PulseAudio and ALSA.

I'm using Ubuntu 13.10, and I know you will say it's a Ubuntu problem,
and I agree (because I also have Ubuntu 13.04 on this very same machine
and it works fine). Just want to know if your osspd is still working fine.

Here is how I tested:

$ echo 0z0z > /dev/dsp
bash: /dev/dsp: Input/output error

Restarting osspd won't work:

$ sudo service osspd restart
 * Restarting OSS Proxy Daemon osspd [ OK ]

Rebooting my machine won't work either.

My *PaulsAudio works fine*.

Thanks