Re: Preserving LVM across builds

Nobody of your friends has got an external drive for such situations? I
would backup all data temporarily to an external drive. Some time ago I
didn't own such a drive, but after some phone calls one of my friend
lend me a drive he owns just for such situations.

"the best approach" is to think how much the electricity bill is and how
much it does cause pollution to use 4 old, instead of 2 new drives and
how much 2 new drives cost.

Depending to the usage one drive often isn't good for performance.

I wouldn't through away those old drives , but still use them e.g. to
have drives for temporarily backups in the future.