Preserving LVM across builds

Hey,

Have a question that I thought I would post here because I have never done it before.

I have a buddy that has a system that is in desperate need of a rebuild. It is truly a Franken-box, with 4 hard drives (2*80GB, 1*160GB, and 1*250GB), and has an Ubuntu build on it and a Mint build. He wants to consolidate it into a single Debian build.

The 250GB drive is an LVM PV with a single VG and two LVs. Unfortunately, he doesn't have sufficient drive space to move the data from the drive. My question is what needs to be done (or if it is possible) for him to unplug that drive with the LVM, install Debian on one or more of the remaining drives, then re-incorporate the drive into the new Debian install? Is it possible? And what is the best approach to doing so?

Thanks,
--b