Re: How to patch files in a package's debian directory

Am 14.01.2014 10:44, schrieb Alex Mestiashvili:
> I am also interested in possible solutions, but I would use git with 2
> branches - one for debian package, and one for the modified version.
>
> This way by switching between branches you can build packages you need.

Using git is probably a good idea. I've briefly looked at packaging with
git a couple of times before, but never got around to actually using it.
Can I stick with the source format 3.0 (quilt) that the upstream
packager uses and still manage the project's sources or just the debian
directory with git?