Re: image download with jigdo

On Tue, Jan 14, 2014 at 02:02:15PM +0000, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> On Monday 13 January 2014 09:05:20 Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> > why should I use 'DVD-1' when there is a
> > 'DVD-10'?
>
> Because it is the first in the series and therefore is likely to be
> the one that is bootable.  Why would you use DVD 10 when there is a
> 1?
>
> This is not a new idea.  Back when many programs and operating systems
> had to be loaded off multiple floppies, one always started with the
> first.  It is the logical place to start.

It's *a* logical place to start.

I can also understand Klaus' logic which appears to be that DVD-10 is
newer/better than DVD-1. If you don't know the concept of software
having to span multiple media (and with the internet, it's possible one
might not have come across that), then you might use the idea of
"Service Packs" or "Updates" instead: DVD-1 existed, but was superceded
by DVD-2 and so on.

Perhaps naming them "DVD-1-of-10" might be more explicit?