Re: debian-live-7.2 doesn´t start

On 11/01/14 06:50, peter.gierschner wrote:
> Am 10.01.2014 19:50, schrieb Lisi Reisz:
>> Putting this on list where OP might see it!  It came to me off-list.
>>

>> acpi=off nolapic  fb=off nofb vga=normal (and maybe 1 more)
>> if you want more technical information about what's happening during
>> the
>> boot - append this in addition:
>> debug
>>
>> if you can't boot in console only mode - then something is really
>> wrong.
>> if the problem is video - that can be resolved.
>>
>> HTH - Bob
>>

> I tried that. At first I was happy because it booted normally without
> error - but only one time, not reproducable. Seems to be a timíng problem.
>
> Shortly said: it didn´t work either  :-((((
>
> Now: what can be "really wrong"?
>
> I think the HW is ok, W7 and XP are running normally, the GParted and
> the TrinityResourceKit Distros - both based on Linux - work well, too.
>

> peter

Perhaps:-
acpi=force

If you have Nvidia graphics perhaps:-
acpi_use_timer_override

Look in /var/log/syslog of the distros that do boot to see clues on what
actually worked.   e.g.:-
# cat /var/log/syslog | grep -i acpi

or, you could reduce the guessing games and provide details on the
motherboard and video :)

Kind regards