Re: Netselect-Apt is showing error message

On Thu, Jan 09, 2014 at 01:05:25AM +0600, Muntasim-Ul-Haque wrote:
>    Hi,
>    I've faced some problems while using the Netselect-Apt. While giving the
>    command  sudo netselect-apt I get the following errors:
>    Did not find any valid hosts (you requested 10)
>    netselect was unable to find a mirror, this probably means that
>    you are behind a firewall and it is blocking ICMP and/or
>    UDP traceroute. Or the servers test are actively blocking
>    ICMP and/or UDP traceroute probes.
>
>    So what's the probable reason behind this? How can I use Netselect-Apt
>    without any further problem?

First of all, check the items netselect-apt has proposed to you. Try the
following commands:

 $ ping -c4 ftp.xx.debian.org
 $ traceroute -U ftp.xx.debian.org

(where xx is your country code, or a country near you. See
http://www.debian.org/mirror/mirrors_full for the current list of
servers).

If you can't get to ANY servers with those commands then, as
netselect-apt suggests, you have a networking problem. If you CAN ping
AND traceroute to at least one mirror, then you've probably found a bug
in netselect-apt.