Errors while running Netselect-Apt

Hi,
I've faced some problems while using the Netselect-Apt. While giving the command  sudo netselect-apt I get the following errors:
Did not find any valid hosts (you requested 10)
netselect was unable to find a mirror, this probably means that
you are behind a firewall and it is blocking ICMP and/or
UDP traceroute. Or the servers test are actively blocking
ICMP and/or UDP traceroute probes.

So what's the probable reason behind this? How can I use Netselect-Apt without any further problem?
Thanking you,
Muntasim-Ul-Haque